Tips, Tricks & Hidden Secrets
- SPECIAL distribution – total revamp in Fallout 76 – no rerolling
(respeccing) of your stats allowed. Perks Card system offers a modular range of
boosts that can be adjusted on the go. Each SPECIAL point allows a player to
equip an equivalent point of Perk Cards.
- Charisma stats are the most unusual change this time around. High charisma players can share Perk Card effects with teammates based on their stat level, and even gain unique bonuses when traveling alone.
- Main quests and side quests last forever, but daily quests are temporary. They can be interrupted/lost by switching servers or turning the game off, so be sure to complete one after starting.
- Sell chems for Caps instead of carrying them around. Some chems are very heavy. Keep only a very small amount of important chems.
- Scrap power armor frames, especially earlier on in the game when the higher level armor pieces can’t be equipped.
- Always scrap when you find a workstation in a quest or hike.
- You can access your personal stash from a stranger’s stash box if you stumble onto a random camp.
- Be aware of how much unnecessary ammo you’re carrying, especially after level 10.
- The Strength stat and its Perk Cards offer increases to carry weight and reductions to junk weight.
- Soup recipes are an excellent option for hunger/thirst levels, as they satisfy both but only take up one inventory slot.